A few weeks ago the weather here in Minnesota finally started feeling like summer and I was able to get my little man, Everet James, out for his 2-year-old photos at Quarry Hill Nature Center here in Rochester, MN. He turned two back in December so I’m a little late to the game but it was well worth the wait! The bonus was that I was able to capture him on my new medium format film camera! I’m so excited to start shooting film and being that he’s my muse, he was the perfect little model to practice on! I’m so excited with the way this first roll turned out from The FIND Lab and can’t wait to see where this journey with film photography takes me.
Since I’m awful with keeping a baby book, here are a few things Everet is doing these days!
- Giving lots of kisses to his mama’s baby belly – singing to his new little brother or sister and telling the baby “I love you so much” before bedtime.
- Trying hard to go potty! He’s officially gone twice and was oh-so-proud.
- Singing his ABC’s from start to finish flawlessly! Also loves singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, The Itsy Bitsy Spider and the Wheels on the Bus
- Super into Paw Patrol and Barney…enough said.
- Eats a “bar” every morning for breakfast and is not happy if we are out (aka Aussie Bites from Costco!)
- If he doesn’t want to share a food with me he looks at me with a concerned face and says “Mama, it’s too spicy”.
- Told his teacher that mommy drinks beer for breakfast, I believe he meant coffee (insert face in palms emoji)…
There you have it, Everet! Your new baby book…